Monday, June 22, 2009

Used Moving Boxes Tip 04: Carpooling Travel Desk

During my hour and 15 minute commute to the office, my carpooling partner and I trade driving shifts each direction. Half the time I drive, the other half I'm on my laptop with a mobile broadband card extending the work day and trying to keep my inbox(es) above water.

Only recently after feeling the effects of minor repetitive stress injury did I realize that I needed to figure out some simple way to have a flat surface to put a mouse on. I was using my finger to move the cursor with the little ball in the middle of the keyboard and it was just killing the tendons in my hand. Not to mention the suboptimal ergonomics of keeping a laptop well positioned in a car, then add to that the days where I drove to the city in the morning and have to sit shotgun in the blazing sun in the afternoon. This forces me to make a little shelter out of the sun shade to keep the sun off the computer (it's blacked out with heat-stroke a few times). Lastly, with the laptop on my lap, after awhile it starts to burn my legs!

As a veteran of the box industry, I never cease to be amazed at the infinite creative applications of cardboard moving and shipping boxes. Just the other day, it dawned on me: use a small lightweight, thin flattened shipping box as a mini desk to protect my lap and give me a surface to use my laser mouse! It's easily replaceable, and won't be a hazard in the event of an accident.

No more burnt lap, a strained hand, and a crooked back!

CHOOSE TO REUSE!
-Moving Boxes Man

www.gogreenmovingboxes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment